Having 3 girls first, we've gone 10 years without any stitches, until now. Rylee snuck into our bed early in the morning on the 8th and we did not know she was there until we heard the thud. It was 4 AM. She rolled off of our bed, smacked her head on the pointy edge of our nightstand, and then landed on the floor. As I took her to her room to console her and not wake up the rest of the house, I felt a wet sensation on my hand. Even in the dark I could tell it was blood. I turned on the light and moved her hair to find a gash on the backside of her head. Knowing that Keith would be getting up at 4:30am to go to work, I let him sleep the extra half hour before having him look at her head. I put ice on it and lay with her to make her feel better. She had no idea her head was bleeding and she was such a trooper. When Keith came in he turned the lights back on and pulled the wound open to see how deep it was. This was without a question his territory. That’s when I turned my head away. I could tell the cut was deep without pulling it open. I knew without asking, but asked anyway, “She’s going to need stitches, hah?” He said yes she would need a couple. Unfortunately because he was heading to work, he couldn’t take her and bring her back home. So, I had to wake all the kids at 4:30am, pile them in the car in their pj’s, and drive to Sparrow in the dark with all the traffic lights blinking yellow because it’s too early for them to be working. I waited in the car with Ally and Brayden while Keith took Rylee and Madyson (she can’t ever be left out of the action) into the Surgery Clinic to put in a couple stitches. This is when being married to a Surgeon comes in handy. About half hour later, Rylee walks out as merry as could be, no crying, and no one would ever know she just got stitches. Keith said she didn’t cry once, not even when he gave her the local to numb the area. He did say however, that Mady’s face had a look of horror when he lifted up the "shot" and she nearly alerted Rylee to the situation when Keith mouthed SHHH to her! Rylee was such a brave little girl. She gets her stitches out tomorrow and we are so glad she didn’t have any other complications. We’re so proud of the grown up “little” girl she is becoming. She is such a blessing in our lives!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Aww poor girlie. Your comment about the lights on Michigan Ave made me laugh though. I was always cross when I saw I was arriving at work before the lights were working. Poor guys - it's every day for them!
Yikes, that sounds like quite a night! I would love to say "I bet those girls needed a long nap when you got home" but, somehow, kids never seem to need extra sleep, only the parents! Glad to hear that Rylee was okay!
poor dolly :( it is so hard when ur child gets sick or hurts themselves and u cant do anything for the pain or take it away!this worl really is small...what is your families last name that lives in roseville? my maiden name is meinzer, i know not much different than miner(my married name)kinda weird! newayz, the girls would have tons of fun! brae has preschool every morn, but afternoons for sure!
Doesn't it just make you so sad to see your little ones hurting? They always seem to bounce back really fast though. Adorable kids! I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog!
Oh man! I'm glad that Rylee is okay!:) How cool is that, that her daddy got to put her stitches in! She is a little trooper! Hope all is going well, and we'll talk soon! Luv ya!
OUCH! I can't believe she didn't cry! She is braver than me for sure!
Yikes, poor Rylee! I'm glad that she was such a good girl. How are you guys? We are o.k. down here in Texas. By the way...I tagged you...sorry. The rules are on my blog: www.adamsfamile.blogpsot.com
Hi I am friends with Sally Wilcock, my 3 yr old daughter just had stitches incident, my blog has pictures of before and after pictures of her stitches. It really is tramatic especially as the parent watching your child in pain. Unfortunately they had to mummy wrap my daughter to do the stitches and that was almost or more tramatic than the actual incident that caused her the get stitches. I hope your daughter is doing well and I wish you all well. Sally and I were friends with Tyler Cavaness in school. Kristin
Post a Comment