Thursday, January 31, 2008

Operation "HOME"


Ally had some funky thing on her foot about the size of a dime that was starting to affect her walking. So.......you guessed it! Good ol' dad brought home surgical supplies and turned our bedroom (our bed to be more exact) into a sterile OR. I was so excited because this is the closest I'll ever be to seeing what he actually does everday. I am posting some pics of this mini-operation. Ally was so brave and didn't make a noise when getting her shot. She also watched T.V. to keep herself distracted while Keith pulled, tugged, and cut.
****WARNING*****
May contain graphic content not suitable for the sqweemish
or weak of heart!:)
I don't know if you can see the white bump below, that's what he's removing.



He is cauterizing the area. That was the only part I couldn't handle. The smell of burning flesh!! GROSS!!!

Stitching it up!

Isn't my hubby a stud? I am so proud of him and how hard he works! I constantly hear compliments from others about how gifted he is as a surgeon. We definitely think he's the BEST!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eww!I don't know if I could have watched that! :) That's great that she sat there and was able to watch TV! That's awesome that he can do that at home! Thanks for the comment! Please tell Rylee happy birthday, too! I was going to send something and it has been crazy! Please tell her for us! I hope she had a great day! We sure do miss you all! I wish you lived closer! How is the weather out there? It's been snowing in Paradise the last couple days! Crazy, eh? Well, I'll talk to you soon! :) Luv ya!

Alexis said...

That is so cool! I can't believe Ally was okay with letting her dad doing that. Awesome! :)

Jensie Simkins said...

YUCK! i swear if tyrell ever tries anything like that.... i guess that's what we've gotten ourselves into. though he would probably try surgery on our animals too since he's so great at mutilating mice at the lab.... oh well, did you ever figure out what it was?

Aubreydoll said...

Yikes! I don't think I could've watched that, either! But the great thing is that you can totally trust your doctor!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

How nice to have an in house doctor! I can't wait for the day!!!

Alyson said...

Holy Cow! THat is AWESOME! You are lucky to have such a talented husband!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES my dad operated on OUR kitchen table growing up!! THe table had a fifth leg in the middle so it was extra sturdy!! Ahh, to have a doctor in the home!!

Katie M. Brown said...

wow....thats disgusting...
hey i still have your mary kay stuff and i would like to send it or are any of you coming to mollys graduation??? let me know...or what is an address to mail it to

adayearly said...

Hi Dawn, I saw your site on Alli's and thought I'd drop by.

That is pretty cool! How nice it must be to have all your medical needs at home. :)
-Anne Earley