Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Official!

We've finally made our decision for Keith's Transplant Fellowship location. Drum roll please........ we're going to Baylor University in Dallas, Texas. It was a close call between Dallas and Cedars- Sinai in Beverly Hills, California. Yes, we are Californians, but we could not afford to live in LA at this time in our lives, unless we want to live in the ghetto! I'd be scared for my kids going to school too! Baylor is the best program that Keith interviewed at for hepatobiliary Transplants. He said and I quote "I would be stupid not to go there!" He really wanted to go to Cedars, but after interviewing at Baylor, we both came to an agreement. Yes, I was already voting for Dallas. I will be so sad to leave Michigan, but at least we'll be a days drive closer to family (2 instead of 3.) We've heard wonderful things about Dallas and we look forward to the BIG move in June.

14 comments:

Janee said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you guys!

Kim said...

That is so exciting. Congrats!

Johanna said...

Awesome! We were just in Dallas visiting some friends. It's only 3 hours from Austin so anytime you want to come check out the capitol you have a place to stay!

Aubreydoll said...

Congrats!! I know that's where you wanted to go!

And I love the background! You still have to show my how to do that...

marlene said...

I thought Baylor was in Waco--is there a campus in Dallas? I grew up in the DFW area---loved it. Cost of living will be great. I'm stoked. The stars at night are big and bright.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Please tell Keith Congratulations for us! That's great! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys! He is such a hard worker, and it will be so nice to live in a new place! We would love to come out and visit you! Tyler will be there for work for a few months in about a year and a half or so....and I'm postitive we will be flying out there at least once while he is there! Can't wait!
I'm so excited for you all!!

The Morgans said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you guys are going to be leaving in June. It seems so close.

Alyson said...

Holy Cow! How exciting! My parents are serving a mission just outside of Dallas! You'll have to keep an eye out for Elder and Sister Whiting!

The Sumsions said...

Congrats guys! I'm excited for you. What a long road. I remember thinking 3 years was forever, then you told me how long Keith had been going to school and boy did I feel for you. Hopefully this will bring new and exciting things, cuz you deserve it! My aunt and uncle live near Houston, and they love Texas. They say the church members are great out there.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! That means you'll be closer to US!! I'm so excited for you and your family. It's such a big decision to make,I bet you are relieved to know what you're doing now and where your future lies!!!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

Yay! Congrats on Dallas. It will be so different from Lansing. That is exciting.

Ashlee said...

That will be an adventure! I bet it's nice to know where you are going thought, takes some of the unknown out of it all.

Linder said...

Congratulations you guys!!

Rebecca said...

Congrats! I have heard great things about Houston. I think you will love it!